Field of Sound creates sonic experiences that are immersive and intentional. It is a multi-sensory experience, designed to deeply relax and restore through the transformative power of sound baths.
What is a sound bath
A sound bath is the intentional use of sound to facilitate a shift in consciousness, where you are ‘bathed’ in sound. An unique meditative experience that is guided by sound rather than words. In this state, the mind is open and uninhibited; the body can rest and heal. We shift our subtle awareness to the sensory perceptions, and how it interacts with our inner reality.
A Sound Bath will support you if you are:
• seeking deep relaxation, stress release or the chance to tune out
• deepening an existing yoga or meditation practice
• looking for a gentle yet deep introduction to meditation
• experiencing a period of change or transformation, and seeking a safe space to sift through emotions as they arise
• curious to shift your consciousness beyond the rational mind
• interested in stimulating creative potential with ease and flow
What you can expect during our sound bath sessions:
• The sessions are held within a spacious and gorgeous space
• A simple warm-up practice to facilitate arrival in the space
• You will lie down comfortably with blankets and eye pillow
• Sound vibrations and frequencies will be introduced in succession, using a selection of instruments that include crystal bowls infused with sage and minerals, handmade Tibetan bowls, chimes, wind harp, tuning forks and more.
• Frequencies are applied on acupressure points or near the body.
• You will experience deep and grounding sounds, as well as ethereal and subtle vibrations.
The experience is highly subjective and it will be different for each person, each time. There is no ‘typical attendee’. With this in mind, we don’t assume any particular prior knowledge, experience or motivation.
Benefits of Sound Meditation:
• Restoring and balancing the nervous system
• Alleviate stress in a gentle way
• Cultivates a heightened sense of awareness
• Balances the subtle koshas, or layers of being
• Creates space for clarity and exploring creativity
• The potential for immediate renewal and lasting change, especially when integrated as an ongoing practice.
About the facilitator:
Cari Lin is a sound meditation facilitator and the founder of Field of Sound. Having the innate ability to recognise perfect pitch, she has engaged with the world through sound since the age of 3. Deeply engaged in the study of yoga and meditation, Cari is always seeking to expand her understanding of the intersection of these practices and the science and spirituality of sound.
She has undergone extensive yoga training in India and retreats to the Himalayan mountains to deepen her studies each year. This offers a deep resonance to her work in sound meditation. She has formerly been a concert pianist, yoga teacher and litigation lawyer.